Saturday 5 December 2015

Window Sill and Plants

Window sill decoration is one thing that after coming to UK i found very interesting.we dont know much with the sill back home, our windows are most used to put curtain on. But i never knew this space could add so much to the room.Personally, I feel it is the best place to incorporate plants in your room, one because of natural light and second they look so pretty on the sill, even from the outside and I LOVE INDOOR PLANTS.They give a fresh and soothing effect to your room,the key is to find plants that grow fine inside and don't require much of sun light or air outside.A couple of years back,the only indoor plant i was familiar with was money/jade plant and i could vouch for its growth without putting any effort at all.If anyone of you still want to know, It can grow in water bottle or you can put in a pot and just water it (yes no hassle plant it is). I'd never thought of any other plant to be placed indoor until...

source:google images

My husband got me two very beautiful plants, peace lily and the other one's name is still unknown. I tried googling its name but in vain anyway they like light however, direct sunshine can damage plant leaves. A mixture of light and shade is great, if you can provide it. i had put peace lily in one corner of the sill, paired it with a jar filled with pot pourri and forest candle which i already had and fortunately their colored coordinated so well with the plant.
                             




In the middle of the sill, i have put the un-named plant(if anyone knows the name, please leave a comment below) i have paired it with two candles again.I kind of like plant and candle combo for some reason and these scented candles is quite a rave these days but i like candles for the aura they create, very dramatic and cosy feel. I might find something else to pair it with,so far there is plant and candle theme going on. Btw this plant surprised me with a purple flower a few days back and i was like what no you are not meant to do that. I will post its picture some other time.




And i was still left with one corner of the sill,here i thought of  incorporating books which is the best decorating item, be it antique, new, hardcore, paper back , small , big.  This idea is inspired by www.desiwonderwoman.com, credit should be given where its due.I have used my husband's old books and actually put the cover of black one on the book below it because its cover was brown and in little rough condition.

 Sooooo one fine day, on our trip to local super market, while grocery shopping my husband found this pink beauty called Tillandsia cynea and he knowing my newly found love for plants instantly asked me whether i wanted this or not, it was an instant love. You can see the pictures below, it looks like a desert flower because in the midst of thick grass like leaves, there is this pink bract where purple color flowers emerge from and gave me a pleasant surprise when i saw it the first time.








SO HOW DOES THE SILL LOOK WHEN THESE THREE BEAUTIES ARE COMBINED?



Let me know do you like it or not and share the pictures of your plants or window sills?



No comments:

Post a Comment